[discuss] Funding for developing economies as an Ig policy issue? was Re:[ ] Time to be ...

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Tue Jan 7 17:09:47 UTC 2014

Thanks Louis for raising this topic about developing economies.

While not per se a governance issue, the gap between economies has an
influence on participation in Internet governance. So the issues are
related.

With regards to the benefits of being connected, a good illustration is
this study about the impact of Internet exchange points in Nigeria and
Kenya commissioned by ISOC.
http://www.internetsociety.org/ixpimpact

Best
Mathieu