[discuss] Subjects IG other than ICANN, IETF, IPv4-6

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at ccianet.org
Wed Jan 8 08:22:42 UTC 2014

If you believe that they weren’t bought, I think you are deceiving yourself. Whether people believe she meant the words in their plain meaning or was simply taking advantage of the situation for other reasons, the importance she assigned to them is real, and continues to be so, and the impact was non-trivial and continues to be so.

I live in the city where better than 80% probably of the multilateral meetings related to the Internet take place and I see the impact of this daily. Whether you believe it is correct or not, the Snowden revelations are having a profound effect on many areas of policy, not all connected to the Internet, but the responses being entertained are almost all harmful to the Internet whether intentional or not.