[discuss] Transiting e-mails

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at ccianet.org
Wed Jan 8 08:26:56 UTC 2014

<snipping out much text>

Not just users: many companies want that too - and not just from the NSA but from many other government agencies in many other countries. Coming up with answers to that issue will be a subject widely discussed in 2014. It is incumbent upon us all to ask ourselves: what solutions can we envisage?

If we want to avoid the harms to the Internet from bad ideas like local hosting, in the end, we will have to have some positive ideas. The Internet companies’ principles hold some interesting potential ideas, including MLAT reform.