[discuss] [bestbits] Fwd: Heads up on Brazil meeting preparation

Nathalie Coupet nathaliecoupet at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 8 15:32:56 UTC 2014

I must confess, as a newcomer, I was shocked by the apparent lack of organization of the CS and at ICANN, which was an eyesore (I didn't realize that this was part of a status quo).
Why on Earth was 1Net organized by ICANN and by the I* organizations? This will forever cast a shadow on anything that comes out of these debates.
Could 1Net become financially and logistically autonomous?
I have also the impression nothing will change because people are too afraid to rock the boat. I have faith in many of the people on this list, who inspite of belonging to an I* organization, will want to do the right thing.
We all know more or less what fair play is. Why don't we try to level the field a bit, fix what we can (at least talk about it) and strive for clarity.
People are not dumb, the world is watching and wants accountability and transparency. Nothing short of that will suffice.

Nathalie

Sent from my iPhone