[discuss] Transiting e-mails

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Wed Jan 8 15:41:55 UTC 2014

At 02:40 08/01/2014, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>Why do you bring the IAB into it? New work enters the IETF because
>people choose to bring it to the IETF. Actually I suspect the same
>applies to W3C, IEEE and ITU-T.

The lack of pertinent innovation incitation is necessarily the
responsibility of those who should provide guidance. IAB did just its
part: to protect a robust status-quo.  Users would have hope it would
help improving it. Anyway this seems over as settled by the Modern
Standardization Paradigm you never heard of as yet (RFC 6852).

MG