[discuss] Attending the meeting

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Jan 8 17:28:33 UTC 2014

In message
<09C8EF28D0697A4F8A5DE72C4261E8E3011E69D718 at MAIL03.internal.webfusion.com
 >, at 14:54:36 on Wed, 8 Jan 2014, Oliver Hope <oh at hosteuropegroup.com>
writes

>We?re a large ICANN accredited registrar and would like to be present
>at the meeting in person.
>
>The answer I get from the LOC is that we must be invited by one of the
>Communities - Business, Technical, Academic or Civil Society. How do we
>join one of these 1net communities

You are a member of whichever community fits you best, as a matter of
fact based on who you are, not because you have either 'decided to
join', or have been 'accepted' as a 'member'.

>and how do we get invited?

Each of the communities have either completed, or near to have
completed, their selection process for a very small number of
appointees, based most often on their record of participation in the
Internet Governance landscape for many years.

It's therefore too late for this meeting (on several levels), and until
that meeting has finished [or even later, perhaps] we won't know how
many people will required to be selected in future, or when.

In the short term I suggest you add your voice to those who hope the
proceedings will be available for remote-participating observers.
--
Roland Perry