[discuss] Role of ICANN in 1Net

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 17:35:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nov 17 ICANN's BoD Resolution
>
> http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-17nov13-en.htm

Thanks for this Jorge, its very very useful information. So yes this has
made it clear to anyone(like me) wondering what gave the "baby" 1Net the
much Jaw to chew as much (which is not a bad thing after-all how many IG
platforms survive without some form of support from external bodies).

The hopeful thing however is that ICANN involvement in 1Net will remain
only at provisioning of resources and not in its processes as the
multistakeholder aim will then be defeated if that is the case.

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*