[discuss] [governance] [bestbits] Fwd: Heads up on Brazil meeting preparation

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Wed Jan 8 23:57:42 UTC 2014

At 23:39 08/01/2014, John Curran wrote:
>You keep missing the point that the I* meetings between the various
>leaders are a _coordination meeting_; there is no applicable
>governance over the involved organizations.

Dear John,
This is a key point. There is always a time when one eventually
understand a misunderstanding.

John, you seem to imply that these are _coorditation meeting_ with no
governance _over_ the involved organizations.

Accepted. But how do you describe multistakeholder governance
differently? If there was a governance impact _over_ the involved
organization there would  be a structural hierarchy.

This is exactly as the internet DNS and/or mathematics. Either an
heterarchy or a hierarchy.

This is important because if the "Lynn and 11 CEOs" meetings were not
for you MSist governance, what you call MS globalization is actually
a more stringent coalition that formalize in three steps:

1. august 29, 2012. OpenStand statement about the Normative coalition paradigm.
2. october 7, 2013  Montevideo statement about the Cooperation
coalition.pardigm.
3. april 24, 2014, Sao Paulo statement about the Coopetition
coalition paradigm for common global control.

This implies than Dilma Rousseff has already accepted the lines of
the Sao Paulo statement, and most probably the other BRICS members
(Russia, India, China and South Africa).

In this statement there will probably be provisions about the
emergent technical developments (cf. geneva declaration), DNS
stability and balkanization, IPv6, EDI, maybe fuzzy multilingualism,
cybercrime and spam, may-be IDNA and DNSSEC, IGF and societal people
centricity. The target will only be to block uncontroled global alternatives

MG