[discuss] My current understanding of scope and why

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 06:35:36 UTC 2014

> 1net, as you noted in another thread, is in a different position, being
> tarred by its association with the I* organisations.  Whilst this
> association is nice to have in terms of funding, it was obvious that
> eyebrows would be raised over the ease with which such a nascent
> organisation has securing a privileged place in the organisation of the
> Brazil meeting.

Without tagging people and groups with names, conversations among some of
the actors that participate on this and other lists about a potential
meeting have been going on for a while that intensified in the last WCIT
after a clear indication about the split and divergence of opinion that was
evident during the meeting which ended with a very confusing situation
where the secretariat forced an outcome to get a particular resolution
approved.

-Jorge