[discuss] [bestbits] Fwd: Heads up on Brazil meeting preparation

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Thu Jan 9 16:00:22 UTC 2014

Speaking as chair of the ICANN Board and a member of the search committee for Mr. Beckstrom's successor, I can say with certainty that Mr. Beckstrom had essentially no role in selecting his successor.  We ran a very tightly controlled process.  A search committee composed of a subset of the board, not including Mr. Beckstrom, sifted through a large number of candidates.  The full board, which included Mr. Beckstrom, was presented with a short list toward the very end of the search process.  Whatever comments he may have made at that point were given no more weight than others and did not play any role in our selection.

Steve Crocker
Chair, ICANN Board of Directors