[discuss] [governance] ICANN and WEF (was: Re: [bestbits] Fwd: Heads up on Brazil meeting preparation)

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 01:25:48 UTC 2014

Jon Postel died in a California Hospital in October 1998 from complications after heart surgery.  During this time period  ICANN was being established.  There was no connection between  the two events.

It is insulting to characterize Jon's exit as a "gentle move," although he was a gentle guy who was widely respected for the thought and work that he put into the creation and evolution of the early Internet.

Rod's accession to his WEF position and ICANN's interest in being present at the WEF are independent events.  Rod has no current connection with ICANN.  There is no conspiracy here.

George Sadowsky