[discuss] cgi.br release regarding Brazil Global MSM on InternetGovernance

Alejandro Pisanty apisanty at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 05:53:11 UTC 2014

Ian,

wouldn't there be a larger concern for the fact that the main committee is
50-50 governments vs. the world (in which they can still have allies)? Plus
a purely intergovernental, to be tailor-made, advisory committee. That's
already a major victory for the Brazil government and consistent with  a
composition of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group of the IGF (Internet
Governance Forum) which has been for years a very high hurdle to surmount
and a gross violation of WSIS.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM, Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com> wrote:

> Interesting as regards the committees -
>
> stakeholder groups within 1net were looking at nominations for HLC (these
> have now been announced as 3/3/3/3) and also for Executive Multistakeholder
> Committee - but these appear to have been filled locally and are no longer
> required?? Am I correct in my understanding here?
>
> Ian Peter
>
> -----Original Message----- From: John Curran
> Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2014 3:19 PM
> To: 1Net List
> Subject: [discuss] cgi.br release regarding Brazil Global MSM on
> InternetGovernance
>
> 1net Participants -
>
>   There appears to be an updated announcement regarding the Brazil meeting
> -
>   http://www.cgi.br/brmeeting/announcement2.html
>
> FYI,
> /John
>
> Disclaimer: My views alone.

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty