[discuss] "We have 18 months to find new governance for a single Internet, says ICANN"

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 17:00:03 UTC 2014

Hi

http://siliconangle.com/blog/2014/01/10/icanns-fadi-chehade-says-we-have-18-months-to-find-new-governance-for-a-single-internet-or-else/?angle=silicon

This might drop some jaws and cause related bodily responses, for varying reasons. :-)

It does help to begin clarifying what the LOG has said would be the the substantive agenda of the meeting:

	• Internet governance principles;
	• Roadmap for the further evolution of the Internet governance ecosystem.

So hopefully we can soon transition from debating with trolls and fighting over seats at the table to engaging in a bit of crowdsourced cartography.

BTW, NCUC will be organizing a multistakeholder conference (with remote participation) on Friday 21 March in Singapore to discuss these agenda items and related initiatives.

Best,

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer