[discuss] cgi.br release regarding Brazil Global MSM on InternetGovernance

Hartmut Richard Glaser glaser at cgi.br
Sat Jan 11 17:02:27 UTC 2014

HI,

On 11/01/14 14:03, William Drake wrote:
> Hi Hartmut
>
>> http://brmeeting.br
>
> Thanks for the helpful announcement.  Sorry but since there’s been a
> lot of sturm und drang over this in multiple spaces it would be good
> to be crystal clear so the 1net steering committee and other actors
> can figure out how to proceed over the next week and two.
>
>> The *High-Level Multistakeholder Committee*, chaired by the Brazilian
>> Minister of Communications Mr. Paulo Bernardo Silva, will be
>> responsible for overseeing the overall strategy of the meeting and
>> fostering the involvement of the international community. It will be
>> composed of: Ministerial-level representation from twelve
>> governments; twelve members of the multistakeholder community (3 from
>> civil society, 3 from the private sector, 3 from academia and 3 from
>> the technical community) to be proposed through /1net; and two
>> representatives from International Organizations to be appointed by
>> the Secretary General of the United Nations.  The names of the
>> members of this committee will be announced on Monday, January 27th 2014.
>>
> So for the HLC, business, technical, CS and academia should each
> submit 3 names via the 1net SC no later than two weeks from now.
*Correct ...*
> Prior LOG communications specified that you are looking for “Senior
> Executive Level” people, or the stakeholder equivalent, who will on a
> work peer-to-peer basis with ministers; I assume that is still the case?
*Yes ..., you are right.*

Clarification:
*LOG (with G) *is the Logistics and Organizational Group composed ONLY
by members of CGI.br; I will avoid to use LOG with G because of the no
intentional confusion
and **
LOC (with C)** is the Logistics and Organizational Committee of the
event/meeting with 1net liason*
*

>> The *Executive Multistakeholder Committee*, co-chaired by Demi
>> Getschko and one more person to be proposed through /1net, will be
>> responsible for the meeting agenda, the design of the meeting format
>> and invitation of attendees, all equally balanced across the global
>> multistakeholder community. It will be composed of the following
>> eight Brazilian members through CGI: Maximiliano Martinhão and
>> Benedicto Fonseca from government, Carlos Afonso and Percival
>> Henriques from civil society, Cassio Vecchiatti and Henrique
>> Faulhaber from the private sector, Flávio Wagner and Demi Getschko
>> from academia and the technical community. Eight additional members
>> from the global multistakeholder community will be proposed through
>> /1net by Friday, January 17th 2014. The United Nations was invited to
>> appoint one member from an International organization.
>>
> So for the EMC, business, technical, CS and academia should each
> submit 2 names via the 1net SC no later than next Friday.
*Correct ...*