[discuss] cgi.br release regarding Brazil Global MSM on Internet Governance

Louis Pouzin (well) pouzin at well.com
Mon Jan 13 13:38:46 UTC 2014

Even though Parminder won't have the resources to block the US bully, I
support his obstination to reveal the cunning ICANN strategy, or
opportunism, for grabbing control of the São Paulo show.

ICANN is an essential cog in the US gov mass surveillance operation. It is
supposedly responsible of internet security. It never informed users of
NSA's spying instrumentation of internet. Thus, it is untrustworthy by
design, and will remain so, whatever gimmicks it resorts to for revamping
its face.

The US gov objective is to make the Brazil meeting a celebration of the
statUS quo. Strongly worded speeches devoid of substance will fill the
program. Non conformists will not be slated. We will hear wishes galore.
Wishes are fairy tales, they only bind those who believe them.

If CS wants to be heard, it has to run its own meeting.

Louis