[discuss] cgi.br release regarding Brazil Global MSM on Internet Governance

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 18:20:07 UTC 2014

sent from Google nexus 4
On 13 Jan 2014 17:39, "David Conrad" <drc at virtualized.org> wrote:

> Louis,
>
> A factual correction:
>
> On Jan 13, 2014, at 5:38 AM, Louis Pouzin (well) <pouzin at well.com> wrote:
> > [ICANN] is supposedly responsible of internet security.
>
> No.
>
> Everyone is responsible for their own security on the Internet.  Relying
on third parties to be responsible for your security on the Internet is
what facilitates activities such as those disclosed by Edward Snowden.

++1; if more emphasis can be placed on showing people (users) the how-to be
secured on the internet/network and not "helping" people to be secured then
lots of privacy issues will be forgotten.

Cheers!