[discuss] Full Transparency of the Community Informatics Community

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 08:05:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 3:18 AM, michael gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com>wrote:

> I would like to draw the attention of 1net and others to the full 12 year
> history and transparency (and depth, breadth and scope) of the Community
> Informatics community and perhaps of particular interest, the most recent
> processes for consensus agreement on the Community Informatics Declaration
> and the development of our NomCom process.
> http://vancouvercommunity.net/lists/arc/ciresearchers .

Not poking and definitely not attempting to judge on which is more
transparent, but i quickly went through the archive from Dec through Jan
and i saw about 3-4 mails relating to 1Net, (one was about the call which
was first made on the 30th Dec and the rest were final report and
response). I wonder what happened between the call and final report. I also
note that the call was for nomination to represent CI, now i am wondering
which of the stakeholders is actually CI.
I had mentioned this during the Giganet process(which received positive
response) and i will say it again to CI; any organisation that intend to
provide a global representation "on behalf" needs to be open and willing to
ensure its nomination process is globally inclusive and not just within its
memberships.

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*