[discuss] Misconceptions about what "US companies" means in respect of data rights of users - and how to protect them

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at ccianet.org
Tue Jan 14 09:17:34 UTC 2014

Dear Norbert, as to your second point: I know of no country where non-nationals are not 'fair game' for unlimited surveillance by the security services. I hope there are some that I don't know of.

Someone should do some studies on:

1) What proportion of companies in what economies are actually subject to US law due to legal nexus. I'm sure it would be eye-opening

2) What countries actually provide any protections to non-nationals when it comes to national security treatment.