[discuss] Interesting article

S Moonesamy sm+1net at elandsys.com
Tue Jan 14 11:03:41 UTC 2014

Hi Ali,
At 02:29 14-01-2014, Ali Hussein wrote:
>  www.alyhussein.com/internet-governance/

It's interesting to read a blog about Internet Governance and Freedom
from an African Perspective.  I have a few minor comments:

   "However, to maintain interoperability, all technical and policy aspects
    of the underlying core infrastructure and the principal namespaces are
    administered by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
   (ICANN), headquartered in Marina del Rey, California."

In my opinion the technical aspects are not administered by the
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers.

   "ICANN oversees the assignment of globally unique identifiers on
the Internet,
    including domain names, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, application port
    numbers in the transport protocols, and many other parameters."

In my opinion ICANN does not oversee the assignment of application
port numbers in the transport protocols, and many other parameters.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy