[discuss] Interesting article

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 11:45:20 UTC 2014

> At 02:29 14-01-2014, Ali Hussein wrote:
>
>>  www.alyhussein.com/internet-governance/
>>

> It's interesting to read a blog about Internet Governance and Freedom from
> an African Perspective.  I have a few minor comments:
>
>   "However, to maintain interoperability, all technical and policy aspects
>    of the underlying core infrastructure and the principal namespaces are
>    administered by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
>   (ICANN), headquartered in Marina del Rey, California."

Minor comment here, by the transformation driven by Fadi there are no
longer ICANN "headquarters," just Hub Offices and Engagement Centers.

Not directly related, but by reviewing some of the latest reports I
realized that ICANN keeps paying travel support for GAC members, aren't
they supposed to be representing governments, then their expenses should be
paid by those governments ?

The ecosystem keeps feeding itself ...

-J