[discuss] new CircleID post: national security policies don't understand the Internet

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at ccianet.org
Wed Jan 15 08:07:56 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I thought you might be interested in a post from me on CircleID (here).

This is part of a set of posts (all on CircleID) where I try to explore the Snowden fallout and issues related to surveillance from angles that I don’t see mentioned often or at all. In this case, I look at how the national security strategies of different countries treat the Internet and why the result is wrongheaded, imbalanced, and itself a risk to national security.

I hope you like it - and comments (privately, rather than off list) are always welcomed. Even if they’re constructively critical :)

Regards, Nick