[discuss] BR meeting site launched

Anja Kovacs anja at internetdemocracy.in
Wed Jan 15 09:59:32 UTC 2014

On 15 January 2014 13:37, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 15 January 2014 01:28 PM, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>
>  On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org>wrote:
>
>>  On 08/01/14 07:16, Nnenna Nwakanma wrote:
>>
>>  The  "Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of the Internet
>> Governance" meeting in  Brazil: April 23-24 2014. http://brmeeting.br<http://t.co/U67EkBaVCP>
>>

>>  The website has just changed - I'm not sure exactly when, but Google
>> cache is still showing the old version - and the new version now claims
>> that "The meeting is a partnership between CGI.br and /1net."
>>
>>  The content perhaps.
>

>>  Under whose authority was this change made?  Why was it not even
>> discussed on the 1net list?
>>
>>  There are quite some lengthy discussion about this recently [1].
> Although there was not communiqué to 1Net list on the resolve that finally
> made 1Net decide to take up the responsibility. I would have naturally
> expected that a communiqué would have been received from Adiel before we
> saw the update online. In any case i guess we all saw the light in that
> direction from start ;)
>

> Well, some did not ... Or for whatever reason refused to see what they
> were seeing... parminder

Several members of the 1net Steering Committee communicated on the Steering
Committee email list that they were deeply uncomfortable with the
announcement in the Brazilian 10 Jan press release of 1net's supposed role
in the Brazilian meeting  without the Steering Committee, let alone the
larger community, having been consulted on this issue. They also requested
the Brazilian organisers be asked to amend that press release, to say that
they would consult with 1net on these proposals. This would allow us to
have an internal debate (including in the 1net SC, which will likely have
its first meeting in the next few days).

No response to these proposals has come from the coordinator so far.  All
CS members of the 1net SC are in agreement, however, that it is vital to
continue to press these issues, and we intend to raise them again
(including the question of who made this decision) in the first 1net SC
meeting. The reference to 1net as partnering with Brazil in the
organisation of the meeting is still only a unilateral plan/suggestion made
by Brazil, not confirmed by 1net.

Regards,
Anja

>  Cheers!
>
>  Cheers!
>  PS: http://1net-mail.1net.org/pipermail/discuss/2014-January/000913.html
>
>>  --
>>

>> *Dr Jeremy Malcolm Senior Policy Officer Consumers International | the
>> global campaigning voice for consumers*
>> Office for Asia-Pacific and the Middle East
>> Lot 5-1 Wisma WIM, 7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg, TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur,
>> Malaysia
>> Tel: +60 3 7726 1599 <%2B60%203%207726%201599>
>>
>> *WCRD 2014 - Fix Our Phone Rights!* |
>> http://consint.info/fix-our-phone-rights
>>
>> @Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org |
>> www.facebook.com/consumersinternational
>>
>> Read our email confidentiality notice<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>.
>> Don't print this email unless necessary.
>>
>> *WARNING*: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly
>> recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For
>> instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.

> --
>

> *Seun Ojedeji, Federal University Oye-Ekiti web:
> http://www.fuoye.edu.ng <http://www.fuoye.edu.ng> Mobile: +2348035233535 **alt
> email: <http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
> <seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Dr. Anja Kovacs