[discuss] open archives of the SC list

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 11:14:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Nick Ashton-Hart <nashton at ccianet.org>wrote:

> Could I request:
>
> 1) Either point out where on the public site the link to the archives of
> the SC is posted - or get it posted
> 2) Get a public posting of the members of the SC on the site

++1 the SC archive url [1] should be indicated somewhere on the 1Net site
since the particular list is hidden[2] on the mailman landing page

3) Make the SC list a 'fishbowl' setup - meaning, that anyone can subscribe
> in read-only mode, and only the SC members can post. This would make it a
> hell of a lot easier to follow than reading a mailman archive (with the
> standard archiver no less, which is particularly antique).

I think this may also be a good Idea, although it may create more
administrative responsibility on both sides; the read only users who are
already complaining about the heavy traffic on discuss at 1net.org and the
list moderators who will now have to manage subscription requests and
posting bounces. Also it may not ensure proper coordination as most of the
read only users may start cross posting the communications of SC
un-officially. In the long run, i did say there are more cons than pros on
this item

Cheers!
1. http://1net-mail.1net.org/pipermail/steercom/
2. May have been hidden to avoid un-solicited subscription request and
reduce confusion.

Thanks in advance

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*