[discuss] 1Net, Brazil and other RE: BR meeting site launched

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Jan 15 18:59:29 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 15-Jan-14 13:39, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
> I really find it strange that people are agreeing that 1Net was mainly
> about Brazil event; if it is, why then did 1Net setup SC....just for Br
> event?

What I am saying and perhaps others are saying is that yes there are
other things /1net can do, and maybe should do, and we need to discuss
that.  And for example, its role as place where the vastly differing
POVs can come together in harmonious discussion, is another function
that will obviously continue.

But what it seems to me is that what it must do is get on with the work
of prepping for Brazil.  So for now that is the thing /1net should focus
on.  Do that right, and people will have confidence to do more, do it
wrong and this becomes another in the long list of efforts that someone
or other managed to thwart.

avri