[discuss] [bestbits] Representative Multistakeholder model validity

Nnenna Nwakanma nnenna75 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 00:35:48 UTC 2014

Thanks, Jeanette  for raising these thoughts

I will concur with it over all and probably pursue it further from  my (the
Civil Society) point of view.
What if we have  the issues/qualities that needed to be taken into
consideration in MS representation and weight them?

 For instance competence/expertise having more weight and  regional/global
south/grassroots representation weighted a bit less

That will allow for lesser considerations to still be there, but not be the
major issues.  In the case of Brazil Committees, maybe the HLC could have
weighted regional/grassroots/global south representation more  or same with
expertise/competence while the EMC will weigh expertise more than
representation

I am convinced that this must have guided the nomcom, but since we did not
have all of that discussed, agreed and written out in advance, it may not
have been obvious.

But from the explanations given by SC and Academia, I do believe they toed
similar lines.

Best

Nnenna