[discuss] Root solutions (was: P1 version 2 - I will update from time to time - this one is important)

S Moonesamy sm+1net at elandsys.com
Mon Jan 20 08:27:38 UTC 2014

HI Grigori,
At 22:41 19-01-2014, Grigori Saghyan wrote:
>some ideas how to find a solution possible to find here:
>
>http://www.diplomacy.edu/blog/international-inviolability-root-zone

There is some text at
http://legal.un.org/ilc/texts/instruments/english/conventions/9_1_1961.pdf
about diplomatic relations.  I gather that the possible solution to
use diplomatic law comes from there.  It is mentioned in the blog that:

   (a) ICANN has a jurisdiction problem.

   (b) The file has to be assigned inviolability.

A report about that was posted to this mailing list.  The report
discusses about other organizations which are perceived as
international organizations.  Point (b) seems to be about locating a
server on United Nations premises and making ICANN a
quasi-international organisation.

Jorge Amodio mentioned the following:

   "the majority of the Internet users have no clue what IANA or ICANN are,
    and I doubt very much they would care as long as the can still use their
    favorite services."

I would describe it as a lack of understanding of what the ICANN
function/contract or ICANN are about.  That is understandable.  It
can lead to (root) solutions to an ambiguous problem(s).

Regards,
S. Moonesamy