[discuss] Problem definition 1, version 4

Ben fuller ben at fuller.na
Tue Jan 21 18:24:33 UTC 2014

George,

Whenever I have taught research methods, I always tell my students that defining the research question is the most important part of the process.

This is pretty good.

How then should we take it forward? Gregory rightly focuses on points 4 -- 6. These look like the issues that will come up in discussions. Each, however, may require a different approach, arguments, data, and so forth while we acknowledge some overlap. Do we go through each point beginning with 4?

Thoughts?

Ben