[discuss] P1 version 3: Added detail and a request for useful background information

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 03:50:46 UTC 2014

I don't recall and didn't find any bill enacted as law.

But it depends on how much weight we give to particular resolutions
approved by the Senate and/or House, like S.323 from the 109th Congress
which was passed as a simple resolution which is non-binding but a
statement of position. As far as I remember this particular resolution and
others quite similar were in reaction to WSIS 2005,
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/109/sres323

While not law, I remember some interesting statements during some hearings
like in 2009
http://domainnamewire.com/2009/06/04/congress-beats-up-icann-part-1/

Perhaps some investigation to review and summarize how the US Congress has
acted overtime about control may be interesting.

I believe that the USG position (and I don't think it changed a bit) became
quite clear after WCIT12.

-J