[discuss] Continuation of problem no. 1 specification, and what could be next steps

S Moonesamy sm+1net at elandsys.com
Sun Jan 26 19:18:53 UTC 2014

Hi Andrew,
At 09:14 26-01-2014, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>That paper is interesting, but both it and your own argument lead me
>towards the view that this is not a matter of Internet governance at
>all, but an issue of domestic market (mis)regulation.  I don't see
>how we can fix that and I'm also not sure it would be correct for us to try.

Agreed.

I don't see how domestic market (mis)regulation can be a matter of
Internet governance as:

   (i)  It is a matter for the relevant country to decide.

   (ii) The issue also covers non-Internet areas.

It would be problematic to try and fix such problems through Internet
governance (see Brian's comment about national economic policies).

Regards,
S. Moonesamy