[discuss] Real world Impact of multiple roots

Ben fuller ben at fuller.na
Mon Jan 27 06:55:13 UTC 2014

All,

Does anyone out there know of studies on the economic impact that having two or more root zones. I’ve been wondering what might happen to Namibia where we have mining, tourism, financial and fishing sectors — all of which are very important to our economy — if the country were to switch over to another Internet with another route. When I think about it I can only come up with very bad scenarios and it would be nice to see if I am missing something.

Also, what are the mechanics of switching to another root? I’m thinking of questions like; How do you program routers? Can undersea cables carry both types of traffic? Could BIND handle two roots? Etc.

Ben

Dr Ben fuller
ben at fuller.na
http://www.fuller.na