[discuss] Time to talk solutions on Mass Surveillance

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at internet-ecosystem.org
Fri Jul 4 10:29:23 UTC 2014

Dear all,

As we are all very aware, the spreading impact of the Snowden disclosures are impacting Internet policy on many fronts including trade and various ITU, HRC, and other processes.

It seems to me that we need to construct international discussions that create the potential for change from a search for the day’s ‘biggest sinner’ to outcomes that give all interests the potential to gain something they need.

I have today published some ideas that would give the human rights, law enforcement, and trade communities all a role. I hope you will find them useful.  The proposal is online here on CircleID: It's Time to Talk Solutions on Mass Surveillance
--
Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart
Executive Director, Internet & Digital Ecosystem Alliance (IDEA)
Tel: +41 (22) 534 99 45
Fax: : +41 (22) 594-85-44
Mobile: +41 79 595 5468
USA Tel: +1 (202) 640-5430
email: nashton at internet-ecosystem.org
Jabber/GTalk: nashtonhart at gmail.com
PGP Fingerprint: BFD5  DF7 7 2E D5 8 636  92E7  735 7 07 03 7 727  9B0A  522 6
Skype: nashtonhart
www.internet-ecosystem.org

One-click digital business card for your address book: http://evaunt.me/vEbDF/NickAshton-Hart