[discuss] shifts in IANA/accountability discussion: your thoughts?

Michel S. Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Fri Jun 13 01:30:42 UTC 2014

Dear Willi,

what you ask for is the internet as a human right. This right has a
cost as every right has. States are to foot the costs of rights. This
is why we pay taxes. The NTIA has stated  they did not want a state
enhanced cooperation like for the roads.

Are you asking that in exchange of controlling the Internet through
ICANN, the USG uses ICANN as a channel for financing a "global
internet human right" for free?

M S G.