[discuss] shifts in IANA/accountability discussion: your thoughts?

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 15:01:25 UTC 2014

Am 06/19/2014 09:25 a.m., schrieb Bertrand de La Chapelle:
> Dear Jordan,
>
> Thanks for the pertinent question and the good framing.
>
> *As a preliminary note, the thread you received in response is a clear
> explanation why this list is having problems: if people here cannot respect
> a minimum of netiquette and they veer off topic immediately as was the case
> here, this is extremely encouraging everyone to stay out ... including me
> at the moment. Better moderation is needed, or at least some peer pressure
> to encourage people to stay on topic.*
>
> Just a quick chime in nonetheless on the link between the two processes.

Dear Bertrand,

this text quote is not part of the discussion in this thread on this
list. You have to write, from what discussion it is coming.

But, in this text we find the typical reaction for excluding of people
with a different thinking. Based on a self-defined "truth", the free
discussion for a free searching of better construction-ideas is blocked.

This have nothing to do with "Netiquette", because the historical
"netiquette" was always used for excluding and blocking in a
constructive discussion.

And "Off Topic"? What is that in reality? Only few people decide the
"Topic" and the other, the majority, have to follow the "chiefs". And,
is that your interest?

You can discuss all free about NTIA, ICANN, IANA and all this stupid
institutions. And we/i read that and understand that. Like with all
different ideologics and intentions. The deciding in the internet
constructions in the future comes from all people, they are want to be
part of this process.

many greetings, willi
Panama City