[discuss] shifts in IANA/accountability discussion: your thoughts?

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 17:46:19 UTC 2014

Am 06/20/2014 09:52 a.m., schrieb Shatan, Gregory S.:
> Would we then have to "nationalize" all the ISPs, registries and registrars?  Or would they be paid by the government as private contractors?

Hallo Shatan,

Nations don't exist. Only regions and local communities. Nations and
states are virtual constructions.

If and only if you want to understand, then you have to look deeper. The
surface are theater shows. Leave the theater, the movie, and turn to the
reality.

Never we have to discuss about ISP's or any monopolizing and
centralizing structures and institutions. We need the discussion about
the technical requirements for data packet transport over geografical
distances.

many greetings, willi
Panama City