[discuss] shifts in IANA/accountability discussion: your thoughts?

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 15:39:47 UTC 2014

Avri,

Irrespective of who is giving the "mandate", if we draw a line between full
complete rebidding at regular intervals (every X years) and contract in
perpetuity, there are various options in between.

Isn't the fundamental choice here around what is the default option, a
little bit like the opt-in / opt out choice in many other issues, ie
roughly:
- either the mandate dropping at regular intervals unless it is explicitly
reconducted
- the mandate continuing by default unless it is cancelled because of
mis-functioning

B.

"*Le plus beau métier des hommes, c'est d'unir les hommes*", Antoine de
Saint Exupéry
("*There is no greater mission for humans than uniting humans*")BERTRAND DE
LA CHAPELLE Internet & Jurisdiction Project | Directoremail
bdelachapelle at internetjurisdiction.net email bdelachapelle at gmail.com
twitter @IJurisdiction <https://twitter.com/IJurisdiction> | @bdelachapelle
<https://twitter.com/bdelachapelle> mobile +33 (0)6 11 88 33 32
www.internetjurisdiction.net [image: A GLOBAL MULTI-STAKEHOLDER DIALOGUE