[discuss] shifts in IANA/accountability discussion: your thoughts?

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 17:39:54 UTC 2014

Am 06/21/2014 04:09 a.m., schrieb Joseph Alhadeff:
> Michel:
>
> What locale do you live in that is free from politicians and lawyers and what infrastructure are you benefitting from to gain access to data or communication that doesn't come at a cost?   We can have philosophical arguments about the social contract or questions about what we may consider to be unalienable rights, but that does not make the reality that infrastructure has costs any less true... A government that wishes to assure citizens access to a resource may do so as a part of the social contract, but that would mean that they would underwrite the cost...  Otherwise how does access occur?  A service that doesn't charge the end user may recoup costs in showing adds, gathering information or developing customer loyalty.  I think we would all agree that those are just costs of a different nature...
>
> Joe

Dear Joe,

I hope that my intervention in the discussion with Michel is not a
disturbance.

What we can delegate on positive tasks to the representative state
organisations other then to organize an environment, that are helpful
for the people and her activities? This is the only substantiation for
their existence.

And if we understand, that the free communication over geografical and
time distances is a basic instrument to organize our life in a network
oriented structure then we come immediately to the point to organize the
communication as a task of the society for the the society. As a task of
the community for the community.

This means also, to disolve all private interests in the organisation of
the immaterial transportsystems, in the transport system for information.

And if we follow the technical requirements for data transport we
immediatly come to the same results.

many greetings, willi
Panama City