[discuss] shifts in IANA/accountability discussion: your thoughts?

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 15:17:47 UTC 2014

Am 06/22/2014 04:48 a.m., schrieb Michel S. Gauthier:
> At 04:40 22/06/2014, David Conrad wrote:
>> [1] Full disclosure: in case anyone was unaware,
>> https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-06-20-en (but I'll not be
>> a member of ICANN staff until Aug 4).
>
> Congratulations from the telepresse team for joining the ICANN VGN HQ.
> It will not be an easy task to co-assume an US VGN orderly inheritance
> distribution. A professional was needed: they found a good one. An
> ICANNer was needed: we observed you were Class 'IN' ("ICANN/NTIA")
> biased enough.
>
> Ir will be interesting to watch your relations with the DNSA initiative
> aggegation.
>
> M S G.

Dear Michel, dear Seun,

you congratulate David for his new job at ICANN. Why? If i read:

Experienced Internet Veterans Return to ICANN to Support Global
Engagement and Technical Excellence
https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-06-20-en

I read only Bla-Bla-Bla. A typical US-fog. Without substance. Maybe, i
find more of the principles from David in this list. I start to do it.
But it is similar to searching for a needle in a haystack. Or, even a
blind hen sometimes finds a grain.

ICANN was created against Jonathan Postel. We know. Under the control of
NTIA. To privatize the Internet structures. True or not? You have more
experience. And i hope, Jefsey give us his experience.

IANA, ICANN, NTIA are US-local institutions. They can do there, what
they want. Only the people of USA have the power to construct. But in
this time, they sleep or sit before TV or in Mac'Donalds. The culture of
USA. And, some of this people act with guns and other arms to kill the
people outside of the USA. The US-culture. Similar in her history
against the Indigenas.

But for our global communication system, we need another construction.
The first we need the answer for the question: direct or indirect
addressing. This is very necessary, because with direct addressing we
don't need the Address-distribution. One of the IANA function.

The DNS is very simple. We organize it decentral and define a small
protocol for distribution the local/regional definitions.

But after then, we don't need ICANN! Of course, they can make a theater
in Miami or Los Angeles. It is not important for us. It is a local function.

Maybe, I'm a bit too sarcastic? But i work nearly 40 years in
development of computer systems and i saw many things in this time.
Excuse me.

many greetings, willi
Panama City