[discuss] Roadmap for globalizing IANA

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon Mar 3 18:50:50 UTC 2014

Seun,

Without commenting on Milton's proposal:

On Mar 3, 2014, at 6:01 PM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
> If DNSA would only be taking proceed from ICANN (and not from others like ORSN).

I don't think this makes sense. ORSN is an alternative implementation of the root server system. Root servers (whether they be ORSN or the 'traditional' root servers) only see the output of the IANA implementation of ICANN policies. For separation of functions reason, I don't think a model in which the root server community (regardless of who it might be) provides input (as a root server community) would be a good idea.

Regards,
-drc