[discuss] Roadmap for globalizing IANA

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Wed Mar 5 17:23:36 UTC 2014

I am not convinced. Regarding 4, your model seems so expansive and
expensive that I find it hard to imagine that Verisign's bill would
exceed its cost in the long run.

Regarding 1 and 2, if the IANA function is indeed stripped off all
policy discretion, shouldn't it be possible to devise a contract that
makes it more or less irrelevant if the contracting partner is a huge
DNSA apparatus or just one organization?
One could combine the contract-based model with a supervisory board that
ensures compliance and takes care of complaints.

 > A good question, actually.

Thank you for the 'actually'
jeanette