[discuss] On Addresses and Identifiers / proceeding properly

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Thu Mar 6 00:31:19 UTC 2014

Dear Seth,

My question may look silly, but I try to find where lies the real
political problem.
as far I understand:
1. if one country decides to use a chunk of IP addresses for its
citizens nobody will deny them and the calls will be routed.
2. if a relational space or a country and a language (not to speak of
a VN) decides to use another naming system than the DNS or another
class than class IN nothing will prevent it from doing so.
So, actually, is there a good reason to discuss all this as the
governance of the Internet? Should we not discuss it as the
governance of the USNET or ARPAnet?

M G