[discuss] Just Net Coalition contribution on Principles for Netmundial.br

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Mar 6 15:58:43 UTC 2014

Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:

> Last month I had the pleasure to participate in a meeting in New Delhi
> of a fairly large number of civil society people who agree that in
> Internet governance, the emphasis on human rights and social justice
> must be increased.
>
> This meeting has led us to decide to get organized under the name
> "Just Net Coalition".
>
> We have also agreed on the attached "principles" document and
> submitted it to the NETmundial.br meeting.

Since several people have asked for a list of the people and
organizations involved... here (attached) is the list of participants
in the meeting of 14/15 Feb where much of the development work for this
document took place, and where the end product of the work done there
(which is almost identical to the version which has now been published)
was approved by unanimous acclamation. There were others who wanted to
be there but could not come, but still participated in online
discussions around and about the meeting, including for developing the
“principles” submission to the NetMundial meeting (as well as an
“institutional roadmap” contribution, which will come out soon).

The meeting was organised by Third World Network, ActionAid, WWW
Foundation, Free Software Law Centre, Free Software Movement of India,
Knowledge Commons and IT for Change. Some of these organisers provided
funds for the meeting as well. The rest of the funds came from NIXI,
the Internet Exchange of India. The latter had no role in organising the
event.

Greetings,
Norbert