[discuss] Roadmap for globalizing IANA

Shatan, Gregory S. GShatan at ReedSmith.com
Wed Mar 12 14:36:24 UTC 2014

"This is because one does not discuss one's birth."

Clearly, a non-response that momentarily sounds like a response until one thinks about it.  Essentially, this is a fortune cookie masquerading as a response.  In any event, Kurt's points has nothing to do with "births" and TLD operators (new and existing) have been plenty vocal about issues they encounter.

The idea that ICANN is a "smokescreen" for the USG just wrong, and particularly in relation to the IANA function.

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces at 1net.org [mailto:discuss-bounces at 1net.org] On Behalf Of Michel Gauthier
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 3:52 AM
To: kurt at kjpritz.com; discuss at 1net.org
Subject: Re: [discuss] Roadmap for globalizing IANA

At 21:55 11/03/2014, kurt at kjpritz.com wrote:
>I haven't seen any comments to this or other lists by TLD operators
>complaining about IANA performance, citing examples of undue refusal or
>delay, or recommending that there were specific improvements to be made.

This is because one does not discuss one's birth. The only "service"
ICANN offers is to be a smokescreen for the shared USG sovereignty over the IN class zone i.e. to register TLDs. Shared, because there are two authorities able register a TLD:
- NTIA
- ISO 3166 Maintenance Agency.

M G

                                                                * * *

This E-mail, along with any attachments, is considered
confidential and may well be legally privileged. If you have received it in
error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply
e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or
use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other
person. Thank you for your cooperation.

                                                                * * *

To ensure compliance with Treasury Department regulations, we
inform you that, unless otherwise indicated in writing, any U.S. Federal tax
advice contained in this communication  (including any attachments) is not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (1)
avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state
and local provisions or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another
party any tax-related matters addressed herein.
                                                                        Disclaimer Version RS.US.20.10.00