[discuss] Roadmap for globalizing IANA

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Thu Mar 13 03:23:17 UTC 2014

Steve,
I am a professionnal analyst of information. As such I do not like to
be called a liar by people calling on others' trust. Because it
obliges me to personnally step in what I should only report, what
will erode their trustee's image.

What is impressive today is that reminding or asking about the simple
truth, makes the ICANN Chair, the ARIN Chair, an high level leading
ICANN community aparachick
(https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/Gregory+S.+Shatan+SOI)
and an EMC member to associate in order to bash me, and show me so
right! Thank you so much for what you indirectly told today!

1. Steve, what you say is contradicted by your own organization's
published active policy statements.
     http://www.icann.org/en/resources/cctlds/delegation -
     Some is wrong. You should adjust them?

2. Carlos, why do you think you need to confort Steve's uncorrect
points? Is that there are some mails of yours which could be quoted
that show that you are perfectly familiar with the ICP-1 very clear
mecanism: ICANN is the clark, IANA carries the work and NTIA
approves. ICANN and IANA register nothing. Those who registers are
those who sign. ICANN signs nothing, it forwards forms that it made
filled and proposes new country codes as member of the ISO 3166/MA.

3. This is not because I ask you questions on VGN pertinence that I
spouse the concept: But I actually admire how well you have
understood the concept and use it apropriately but never-the-less
deny its use/reference as far as the Global Multistakeholder Internet
Governance is concerned: this is to be reserved only to those who
consider that IG means the way ICANN is to be globalized.

Your comments on the US poor internet policy look unfortunately so
naive. There is a long time business pros have a clear vision of the
ingeniosity of the US and US military/industrial complex strategy
over the last 40 years (some having participated to it). Dispising it
can only surprise from you,and (what is sad) amuse.

4. Gregory: what did Steve attempted?  Only to show me right. what
did Steve do in pretending that ICANN is the decision maker in terms
of new TLD? Smoke screening the USG unique authoritative decision.

Cheers!
M G