[discuss] [governance] Re: U.S. to Give Up Oversight of Web Policymaking Body

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 11:08:49 UTC 2014

For a very long time indeed, many have asked for the US to relinquish their
role.  Now they have signaled their willingness/readiness to do so.

In practical terms, I see ICANN "floating free" from its USG ties.  That is
what i got out of the Press Conference last night anyway (although I dialed
in late) so may be mistaken.

rgds,

McTim

--