[discuss] [governance] U.S. to Give Up Oversight of Web Policymaking Body

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Mar 16 18:53:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

One of those principles for me would be:

- Strict functional separation of the policy making and administration

I think that many, myself included, do not see how being part of ICANN
and strict functionally separation are possible within ICANN's current
configuration.

This may also be a big part of the expectations of global stakeholders.

There is also the issue of ICANN being subject to US law.  This remains
a problem if ICANN plans to keep the administrative function after
transition.

avri