[discuss] [governance] U.S. to Give Up Oversight of Web Policymaking Body

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Mar 17 12:37:34 UTC 2014

> Le 16/03/14 21:28, Steve Crocker a écrit :
>> [...] The question has already been asked and I’ll ask again.  What is the specific problem about being subject to US law?  As a general matter, rule of law is usually considered one of the U.S.’s very strongest qualities.[...]

Steve

As an American you are surely familiar with the slogan 'no taxation
without representation'. That particular political expression is a sub
set of 'no legislation without representation'. Or is it that these old
fashioned ideas are no longer valid in the emerging brave new world, a
post-democratic world.

parminder