[discuss] On the technical side

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Mon Mar 17 15:52:27 UTC 2014

Jefsey,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 02:54:34PM +0100, JFC Morfin (Intlnet) wrote:
> IRT. John and Andrew;  you have not understood my incidence. You
> have taken a thematic reminder/question set for an objection.
> Instead of asking me, you should have read the text and carefully
> considered the possible cons and pros for the transition in your
> respective areas (a domain where you are more competent than any
> others) and he should have listed point by point where you feel OK
> and where you think something is to be protected in your best
> interest.

You appear to be putting the burden of work on me to figure out what
you could be saying, as opposed to trying to say it.  I'm sorry, but I
won't do your work for you.  You offered the document from the IETF
Trust and then made a claim that it was somehow relevant to the IANA
function.  I asked you to show me how.  I don't think I'm being
unreasonable in that request, so if you can't actually offer that
evidence I can't take seriously that there is relevance of the Trust
provisions for the IANA function.

> This is what globalization means for non-Americans.

It is to my great chargrin, actually, that I continue to hold US
citizenship; but also, I'm loathe to make generalizations across
categories like "non-Americans", which strikes me as being one so
broad as to be not very meaningful.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com