[discuss] Host country

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon Mar 17 16:43:54 UTC 2014

John,

On Mar 17, 2014, at 6:07 AM, John Curran <jcurran at istaff.org> wrote:
>  I am not aware of any case where updates to the legitimate updates to
>  root zone were not put into effect.

"Updates to the legitimate updates"?

> It is my understanding, however,
>  that it is not presently possible for anyone to know definitively if
>  this is the case, since the interactions between the USG and parties
>  involved in Internet registry management on these matters have no
>  structural assurance being completely open and transparent manner to
>  the Internet community.

There is one case where it is not possible: when the requester and the IANA functions operator reside in the same country.  In all other cases, if the interaction is performed in an open and transparent manner, the lack of action by the IANA functions operator would indicate interference of one form or another.

Of course, this would imply that requesters be open and transparent in the submission of their requests...

Regards,
-drc