[discuss] IANA missing information

Jaap Akkerhuis jaapna at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 17 23:13:29 UTC 2014

On Mar 17, 2014, at 23:39, David Conrad <drc at virtualized.org> wrote:

> It's particularly unfortunate given the ISO-3166 decoding table provided a very easily understood graphical depiction of the ISO-3166 2-letter codes.  The replacement mechanism is ... sub-optimal (e.g., I was unable to figure out which of the 2-letter codes are reserved for 'user defined' purposes; something that was trivial with the decoding table).

Yes, the table was pretty handy.

Note that on the ISO OBP <https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search> one
can click on Other codes.  That opens up a list with Exceptionally
reserved, Transitionally reserved, Indeterminately reserved, Formerly
used, Unassigned.

I suggest to use the Feedback button to ask ISO to add "User defined”
to that list or asking to reinstate the decoding table.

	jaap