[discuss] surveillance governance, was Re: [governance] NTIA statement

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Tue Mar 18 18:17:35 UTC 2014

On Mar 18, 2014, at 7:11 PM, Mike Roberts <mmr at darwin.ptvy.ca.us> wrote:

> John -
>
> I apologize to anyone on this list who thinks I was lumping them in a paranoid fringe.  I was referring to extreme statements from other sources.

No problem... (and we certainly _do_ have a colorful mix on this list :-)

I should reiterate that I dom't think that it is inevitable that anything
needs to change with respect to ICANN simply as a result of an NTIA IANA
contract transition, but do think that its better for us all to carefully
consider the question now, so as to eliminate any possibility of regret in
the future.

/John

Disclaimer: My views alone.